Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Hidden Oracle By Rick Riordan|Review


The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1)
Published by Disney-Hyperion on May 3rd, 2016
Genre: Middle Grades Fantasy
Pages: 376
Format: Hardback
Rating: 

How do you punish an immortal? By making him human. After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour. But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go... an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.

My Thoughts

Nico! Will! Percy! Leo! Apollo? Apollo! 
Just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Rick introduces us to one of his most arrogant, vain characters yet. Apollo. I wasn't entirely sure if I would ever get around to reading this book. I did just recently re-read the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and The Heroes of Olympus series. I'd been in a reading slump since then and I didn't know if my brain was up for more pun-tastic humor and cringe-worthy dad jokes. Fortunatly, it was. 
It was great to return to Camp Half-Blood with a far less perilous quest to complete. Plus, reuniting with familiar faces brightened my outlook on the book. I want more Nico and Will! They need their own series. 
I am excitedly looking forward to reading the next book. I cannot wait to see what Rick has in store for the new 'A Team'.

No comments:

Post a Comment