Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Favorite Words|Top Ten Tuesday

Hosted by the lovelies over at The Broke and the Bookish! I love their amazing ideas and seeing how many people participate each week!

Today's Top Ten is:


Serendipity- an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

Flibbertigibbet- a chattering or flighty, light-headed person.

Mellifluous- sweetly or smoothly flowing; sweet-sounding

Petrichor- a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.

Interrobang- a printed punctuation mark (), available only in some typefaces, designed to combine the question mark (?) and the exclamation point (!), indicating a mixture of query and interjection, as after a rhetorical question.

Ailurophile- a person who likes cats; cat fancier.

Apricity- The warmth of the sun during winter.

Yeperdoodle- To agree with someone about something that you think is cool or awesome.

Plethora- A large or excessive amount of something.

Mauve- a pale bluish purple.

11 comments:

  1. Serendipity IS a fun word, isn't it? Also, I like plethora too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serendipity is such a beautiful word.

      Delete
  2. Great topic! I love serendipity and mellifluous is nice too. that word just kinda rolls... ubiquitous would be another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this topic. I love the word plethora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it just roles off the tongue.

      Delete
  4. Ailurophile <- I love that word now. Great topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea there was a name for cat lovers until I stumbled upon it in a textbook. The more you know. :)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful list! I had no idea that there was a word for the smell of rain after a long dry period. :) I also love interrobang. I'm most definitely a ailurophile.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time it rain I have to say petrichor. Not just to prove that I am useful at something but to enjoy that this is a word for everything.

      Delete
  6. I love the word "serendipity"! Several on this list are new words for me. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete