Which book should I read next?

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bookish Facts About Me|Top Ten Tuesday

Hosted by the lovelies over at The Broke and the Bookish! I love their amazing ideas and seeing how many people participate each week!

Today's Top Ten is:


1. I hope to attend BEA and BookCon in the near future.


2. I have over 200 books.
3. I am constantly growing my hoard- I mean my personal library.

4. My book slumps usually last for weeks, sometimes even months. It is very difficult to push my responsibilities away.

5. I cannot read a book in numerous sessions. Usually, I'll dedicate a day or read it in one sitting.

6. I'm a sucker for beautiful covers. (Aren't we all?)

7. Books help me connect with people. I'm terribly shy. Finding someone who loves LoTR just as much as I do is fantastic! 

8. I keep my deadly swords, enchanting magic, steampunk gauntlets, and mythological creatures and gods away from contemporary romance. The population of contemporary books on my bookshelves is sparse.

9. I am literally always writing every moment that I can spare.

10. I have never read Harry Potter. 
Wait, that's a lie.
I've read the first two chapters of The Sorcerer's Stone.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how many books I have, but it's quite a few, and like you, I continue to grow my little library (although I also "unhaul" at least once a year). I'm writing nearly every spare minute too. It's sometimes a challenge, but a joy also. :)

    YES to pretty covers. I'm a total cover snob. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pretty covers! And, feel so vain for doing so.
    My husband got me to read HP, and I wound up liking it.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beautiful coves, too! It's usually hat draws me to a book. Great list, Emily. :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty cover is the best! :-) Lovely list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the covers for both those books in Claudia Grey's Firebird series. They're just so gorgeous. And the books are amazing too. Which just makes it all even better.
    It always amazes me when people haven't read Harry Potter. I think that's because it was such a big part of me being a reader when I was little. Everyone at school was reading it and for most people I meet my age, they have read it. Not that I'm judging. I haven't read a lot of books so many people think are must reads.
    Great list Emily! Thanks for sharing your bookish facts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list, I'm a sucker for a good cover too. Even if it's a book I may not like, if the cover is jumping out at me I might be tempted. :) And #8- lol. I don't read a lot of contemporary either although lately I have been finding myself reading more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go to BEA, but I live in the UK so that will probably happen when pigs fly!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/top-ten-tuesday-65/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure I own over 200 books as well. I want to go to BEA, but it's not feasible since it coincides with our state testing dates. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Attending BEA and BookCon would be a dream!

    ReplyDelete