Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Sorcerer Heir By Cinda Williams Chima|Review


The Sorcerer Heir (The Heir Chronicles #5)
Published by Disney-Hyperion on October 21st, 2014
Genre:Young Adult Fantasy
Pages: 512
Format: Hardcover
Rating:

The delicate peace between Wizards and the underguilds (Warriors, Seers, Enchanters, and Sorcerers) still holds by the thinnest of threads, but powerful forces inside and outside the guilds threaten to sever it completely. Emma and Jonah are at the center of it all. Brought together by their shared history, mutual attraction, and a belief in the magic of music, they now stand to be torn apart by new wounds and old betrayals. As they struggle to rebuild their trust in each other, Emma and Jonah must also find away to clear their names as the prime suspects in aseries of vicious murders. It seems more and more likely that the answers they need lie buried in the tragedies of the past. The question is whether they can survive long enough to unearth them. Old friends and foes return as new threats arise in this stunning and revelatory conclusion to the beloved and bestselling Heir Chronicles series.

My Thoughts

Secrets, secrets, and more secrets. Jonah's and Emma's relationship is something that is rare in the books that I read. I liked how it was different from most other novels where the characters instantly fall in love and there's smooth sailed here on out. I enjoyed how rocky it was. Even when something earth-shattering was thrown at them, I still silently hoped that they would find a way to make it work. Although, I wanted to yell at them a few times when the other concealed a secret that could dramatically improve their investigation.  
I was incredibly heartbroken when Grace Miss turned out to be one of the victims. She was just one of those characters that you always believe they would be there. I honestly had no idea who the murderers were for both Thorn Hill and the wizard murders. I had my suspicions, but each time those characters turned up, my suspicions were altered. I thoroughly all of the miscommunication/lack of communication strategically planned throughout the book. If I had to choose a favorite character from the series, I would have to say Jack. Mainly because he's been there since the beginning and original characters always end up leaving a lasting impression. My favorite book of the series would have to be The Wizard Heir. There is a big sense of family throughout the entire story. We slowly uncover more secrets that bring the characters together. I absolutely love Hasting's, Downey's, and McCauley's relationship. I can't explain it, they are just perfect together. My favorite side character would have to be Kenzie. I dreaded the inevitable, silently hoping that he would survive. I was ecstatic that he made it to the end! I enjoyed this sarcastic humor when the story grew darker. Lastly, I am so thankful that I got to read this series! It is one of the favorites! Without it, I would not have discovered my passion for reading and writing. I cannot imagine where I would be and what I would be doing today without it. I cannot believe that it was been nine years since the first book hit the shelves. I am so thankful that I discovered it when I did, I hate picking up series only to discover that they have already concluded. I also love the fact that the books are based close to where I grew I so I know exactly that Chima is talking about while reading them. I smile each time I stumble upon something so familiar. The books are absolutely amazing and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment