Which book should I read next?

Friday, April 22, 2016

The Lost Hero By Rick Riordan|Review


The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1)
Published by Disney-Hyperion on October 12th, 2010
Genre: Middle Grades Fantasy
Pages: 557
Format: Hardcover
Rating:

Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper, and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly? Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare about his being in trouble. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits during the school trip, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out. Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about, and some camper who;s gone missing. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god. Does this have anything to do with Jason's amnesia, or the fact that Leo keeps seeing ghosts?

My Thoughts

Gods, goddess, and giants, oh my! I remember how disappointed I was when I first read The Lost Hero. Being a hardcore Percy Jackson fan at the time, I felt utterly crushed and betrayed. I honestly contemplated whether I should continue read it or not. Boy am I glad I did! I completely devoured this book. After re-reading it, I am so pleased with myself for remembering at least 95% of the story. The Lost Hero follows three new demigods, Jason, Piper, and Leo who have just been given the ultimate quest: prevent the end of the world in three days. Easy, right? Equipped with strength, beauty, and humor, the three set out on their perilous journey. Facing vicious monsters, bitter, envious minor gods and goddess, and a myriad of challenges, the odd are definitely not in the team's favor. I won't spoil the book any further, mainly because I really just want to dive into the next book. The Lost Hero will definitely entertain you with jokes, action, and plot twists until the very last page!

Re-Read Challenge

A huge thanks to Kelly over at Belle of the Literati for hosting this challenge!

When I First Read: A few years after it was published.

What I Remember:  Opens on a bus, with Jason, Piper, and Lep going on a field trip to the Grand Canyon. Clovis. Festus. Bunker 9. Khione. Boreas. Ma Gasket, Torque, Sump. Midas. Thalia. Jason tried to eat a stapler. Hera's ultimate plan.

Why I Wanted to Re-Read: I was re-reading Percy Jackson and figured it's about time I go around to reading The Blood of Olympus.

How I Felt After Re-Reading: Excited!

Would I Re-Read Again? You know it!



No comments:

Post a Comment