Which book should I read next?

Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Titan's Curse By Rick Riordan|Review


The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)
Published by Disney Hyperion Books on April 8th, 2008
Genre: Middle-Grades Fantasy
Pages: 320
Format: Paperback
Rating:

IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU FIND YOURSELF IN COMBAT WITH A HALF-LION, HALF-HUMAN.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...

My Thoughts

You completely forget that you have a life outside of this book! Immediately, you're reunited with the gang on a mission to retrieve two suspected and powerful half-bloods. The book couldn’t be as long as it is without something stirring up trouble in the first chapter. The action and suspense never lets up throughout the story, if anything, it continues to grow into the fourth book. You definitely do not want to miss reading this! I've read this numerous times and I still find things that I may have missed or forgotten. One this is for sure, the relentless dad jokes are timeless and fantastic! 
Some many new and important characters are introduced in Titan’s Curse. Zoë, Bianca, Nico, Rachel. I love them all! They may seem secondary and unimportant upon your first read, however, if you continue on with the Heroes of Olympus series, each of them play significant roles. I love the world of characters Riordan has created. Not only does it tug at our tiny heartstrings whenever a subtle mention of another character, but it gives the reader a scene of exhilaration and hope.


Re-Read Challenge

A huge thanks to Kelly over at Belle of the Literati for hosting this challenge!

When I First Read: The moment I set Sea of Monsters down. 

What I Remember: In general, Zoë, Bianca, Nico, Rachel, and Atlas. Rachel can see through the Mist. Percy hijacking the quest. They have a dam problem. The plot thickens.

Why I Wanted to Re-Read: I’m positive that I remembered this book the least out of all five. I completely forgot how it started. 

How I Felt After Re-Reading: Refreshed

Would I Re-Read Again? Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment