Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Battle of the Labyrinth By Rick Riordan|Review


The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)
Published by Disney Hyperion Books on April 7th, 2009
Genre: Middle-Grades Fantasy
Pages: 361
Format: Paperback
Rating:

Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse. In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.

My Thoughts

The problem about reviewing each book in a series is trying to come up with something you haven’t already said. It is thrilling, action-packed, and humorous. Honestly, you're never too old for Percy Jackson. Everyone can relate. Maybe not with the whole demigod battling titans situation. But with his quick wit, kindness, and bravery. Not only are the characters great role models, they also make the story more enjoyable with each of their personalities bouncing back and forth. After re-reading this book, I picked up on a lot more subtle foreshadowing for the Heroes of Olympus series. I really applaud Riordan for integrating the ideas and hints of an inevitable prophecy and the choices the characters are going to face in the future throughout the entire series. I wish I had paid more attention when I'd first read the books! But, I guess that would be the reason why I'm re-reading the series in the first place. I think this was the first ever book to break my heart. Although there really wasn't too much heartbreak, I do remember my heart skipping a beat at a specific part. You are immediately swept into the story from the very first page. You're taken on an incredible journey that makes you wish you had the ability to travel the world as easily as the characters. I'm speechless, there are no words to express how much this book series means to me. I definitely recommend this series for all ages.


Re-Read Challenge

A huge thanks to Kelly over at Belle of the Literati for hosting this challenge!

When I First Read: Immediately after Titan's Curse.

What I Remember: Massive labyrinth. Pan. Percy scooping poop. Annabeth kissing Percy. 

Why I Wanted to Re-Read: I remembered this book the second least.

How I Felt After Re-Reading: Wistful

Would I Re-Read Again? 


No comments:

Post a Comment