Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence By Stan Lee Stuart Moore, Andie Tong|Review


The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac #1)
Published by Disney Press on January 27th, 2015
Genre: Middle Grades Fiction
Pages: 488
Format: Hardcover
Rating:

Stan Lee presents a brand new, magical, super-powered adventure! When twelve magical superpowers are unleashed on the world, a Chinese-America teenager named Steven will be thrown into the middle of an epic global chase. He'll have to master strange powers, outrun super-powered mercenaries, and unlock the mysterious powers of the Zodiac.

My Thoughts

Where do I even begin! Right from the start, I knew immediately this book was going to be fantastic! It captivates you till the very end! I enjoyed how unique the story is instead of playing into one of the typical superhero stories. I also loved the illustrations! They helped with visualizing the scene, the characters, and the emotion. I could not put this book down. The action scenes were well thought out and worded brilliantly. Each character brought their own strengths, weaknesses, and personalities to the team, which are depicted magnificently throughout the book. The entire story was easy to comprehend and, in the end, to get hooked on. I cannot wait for the second book to come out! I will most definitely be recommending this book to my friends!


Re-Read Challenge

A huge thanks to Kelly over at Belle of the Literati for hosting this challenge!

When I First Read: Shortly after the book was released.

What I Remember: Chinese zodiac signs. Maxwell "brainwashes" Vincent. The Steven, the tiger. Jasmine, the dragon. Roxanne, the rooster, also a singer. Liam, the ram and super tough. Duane, the pig and a hacker. Kim, the rabbit, can teleport. Maxwell, the dragon. Josie, the horse. Nicky, the dog. Malik, the ox. Vincent, the monkey. Celine, the snake. Thiago, the rat. Slight cliffhanger at the end.

Why I Wanted to Re-Read:  To refresh myself before I read the second book.

How I Felt After Re-Reading: Excited.

Would I Re-Read Again?: Probably.




No comments:

Post a Comment